A few weeks into building the boiler

 

In this post, I will elaborate on the next steps I took towards building a vertical boiler.

 

 

20181203_130217

I purchased material from the UK and I have trimmed the copper tube to length I fitted a plug in one end and gripped with 3 jaw chuck, using a steady to trim each end.

I then purchased some 3 mm copper sheet to make the end plates for the firebox and boiler tube cut it with a jig saw roughly round then into the lathe to get round then I decided to try metal spinning.20181220_09145820181220_09153320181220_095553

This worked very well I tried as purchased first (Semi hard) but found it was stretching the sheet and starting to thin to much so I annealed and tryed again and was able to get very acurate sizes it only needed a slight skim on OD. Then the drilling results next photo.2019-03-20 11.12.04

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s